- Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup history
- What is Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup?
- Campbells cream of celery soup is super versatile
- Recipes with Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup
- Campbell’s cream of celery substitute
- Where can you buy Campbells Cream of celery soup?
- Conclusion to Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup
Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup history
Campbell’s Cream of Celery Sooup has been around since 1913!
The company’s founder, Joseph Campbell, was a fruit merchant in Camden, New Jersey. In 1869, he formed a partnership with icebox manufacturer Abraham Anderson. The pair created the canning business that would become Campbell Soup Co.
Campbell originally called his canned tomato soup “Soups and Sauces,” but soon changed the name to Campbell’s Condensed Tomato Soups in 1876. By 1888, the company was selling condensed soups across the United States. The soups were sold in 12-ounce cans for 10 cents each.
In 1897, Arthur Dorrance joined the company as treasurer after marrying into the Campbell family. He suggested the company begin selling condensed soups in smaller cans for smaller households. This helped increase sales and give women more independence by allowing them to prepare meals for their families without having to deal with any leftover soup or broth at the end of a meal. Dorrance also developed several new soup flavors during his time with Campbell’s.
In 1904, Campbell’s introduced a line of dry bouillon cubes and introduced its first vegetable soup in 1907. The company continued to diversify its products throughout World War I and II as people began looking to different kinds of foods while rationing efforts were underway.
Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup was first available for sale in 1913. Since that time, it has become one of the country’s top-selling canned soups. You will find this soup in almost any pantry in the country, and you may also want to take a few moments to learn more about its history and popularity.
What is Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup?
Cream of celery soup is a thick, creamy soup with all the flavor of celery. It has a neutral, mild taste that doesn’t overwhelm your senses, so it pairs well with many different ingredients. It works great in soups and casseroles, on its own or mixed with other ingredients.
What do you do with cream of celery soup?
Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup can be used as a base for a variety of dishes, from soups to casseroles and other cooked foods. Cream-based soups typically have a creamy texture and mild flavor, which makes them excellent for cooking because they pair well with many different ingredients.
What does cream of celery soup taste like? As its name suggests, this type is made from pureed celery. Since it’s not flavored or seasoned, the base taste is very neutral; it won’t overwhelm your palate like other types might (e., some tomato-based varieties).
How to make cream of celery soup When making homemade versions at home using heavy cream instead will yield more desirable results than using milk because the fat content adds depth and richness that cannot otherwise be achieved without adding butter which would change the consistency too much if done so partially (as per recipe instructions).
What does condensed soup mean?
You can’t even begin to think about Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup recipes before you understand what condensed soup means. You see, “condensed” is a fancy word for thickened. The starch in the soup can thicken it, or they could add some other ingredients to make it thicker.
While condensed soups aren’t as watery as regular soups, they’re not dehydrated soups either. Dehydrated soups have all the water removed from them and are made by evaporating the liquid out of them—and then rehydrating them when you’re ready to eat them. Condensed soups just have a higher concentration of solids than regular soup does—two times higher in fact.
Campbells cream of celery soup is super versatile
Campbells cream of celery soup is a great ingredient to have on hand. You can use it in recipes to add flavor and richness, or you can use it as a sauce or base for a sauce. You can even use it as the base for a soup.
Recipes with Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup
When it comes to making a casserole, use Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup as your base. Or you can use it as a sauce for pasta. It also works really well mixed with baked goods—but keep in mind that the soup is already seasoned, so you might want to reduce the salt in your recipe by 25 percent.
Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup can be used in recipes to add flavor and richness. For example, the creaminess from the soup makes it a perfect addition to any kind of chicken dish. If you’re looking for some ideas there, here are some great ones:
- Chicken and rice casserole – recipe here
- No peak chicken and rice – recipe here.
- Easy chicken pot pie – recipe here.
- Creamy chicken stew – recipe here. This easy chicken stew has pasta in a creamy chicken sauce. Yum!
- Pork chops with cream of celery soup – recipe here.
- Ham cream of celery soup – recipe here.
- Quick tuna noodle casserle – recipe here.
- Cheese cauliflower casserole – recipe here
- Amy’s slow cooker world famous pepperoni dip – recipe here. This recipe calls for only three ingredients and is easy enough a beginner could make it!
- Slow cooker zucchini casserole – recipe here. This recipe is perfect for using up a bunch of fresh garden zucchini. This recipe is always a big hit!
- Slow cooker vintage farm ham chowder – recipe here. This recipe is so easy to make and the results taste like you spent all day in the kitchen. This is a great recipe to use up leftover ham!
- Slow cooker cheesy broccoli and rice soup – recipe here. This is a pantry recipe which means if you have a well stocked pantry, you probably already have everything you need to make this recipe. Add in some leftover meats and it’s a full meal!
- Seafood Thermador – recipe here. This seafood recipe is on page 202 of the pdf and page 200 of the scanned book. The recipe is easy to make and uses your favorite seafood with mushrooms in a savory canned cream of celery base.
- Slow cooker D’Chickin tortilla soup – recipe here. 14 ingredient easy to make chicken tortilla soup is perfect for busy days. Throw everything into a crock pot and three hours later, dinner is served!
- Slow cooker chicken and dumplings – recipe here. There is the easiest chicken and dumplings recipe ever! The dumplings are made from canned bisuicts. In 4-8 hours dinner is served! This recipe is so good you will make it over and over again.
Campbell’s cream of celery substitute
If you don’t have Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup for a recipe and can’t get to the store, there are several possible substitutes listed below. Substituting a different brand of cream of celery soup or another type of soup may change the flavor, texture, or nutritional value.
- You can also make your own homemade cream of celery soup from scratch.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
Where can you buy Campbells Cream of celery soup?
Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup is available in the soup aisles at many major grocery stores including Wal-Mart, Target, and Safeway.
Is Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup gluten-free?
Gluten-free Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup can says “Gluten-Free” on the label but is it really gluten-free?
The answer is yes—all Campbell’s soups are gluten-free except for Chicken and Dumpling. The exception is the Campbell’s Homestyle soups, which are not gluten-free because they contain barley (which contains gluten). While most regular Campbell’s soups are not labeled as “gluten-free,” if you look at the ingredients list and don’t see any wheat, barley, or rye in there, it should be safe to assume that it contains no gluten!
Here’s a quick tip: If you want to avoid wheat but don’t need the soup to be 100 percent free of gluten for dietary reasons, check out some of the Chunky soups. Some of them contain wheat flour as a thickener (usually just one or two grams per serving), but they’re fine if you only need low levels of gluten in your diet.
Conclusion to Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup
As you can see, cream of celery soup is versatile and relatively easy to find. Just make sure that you have some in your pantry so that “it’s never too late for a good meal” the next time an emergency strikes.
So if you haven’t had cream of celery soup in a while, I would highly encourage you to go out and buy some. At least, I hope that you will give it a try because you are sure to find another use for this simple, versatile product.