Do you want to know ways to make extra money on the weekends but don’t know how? Don’t worry. You’re not alone.
23 Ways to make extra money on the weekends
Many people are looking for ways to bring in some extra cash, and weekends are a great time to do it. This blog post will discuss 23 different ways to make extra money on the weekends.
Some of these methods are more time-consuming than others, but they all have the potential to bring in some extra cash. So, whether you’re looking for a side hustle or want to make a little bit of extra money on the side, we’ve got you covered!
- Babysit for extra money – Offer to babysit for your friends and family members on the weekends. You can charge a nominal fee per hour or just ask for a flat rate for the entire day. This is an easy way to make some extra money without doing much work.
- Offer pet-sitting services – If you love animals, one great way to make extra money on weekends is to offer pet-sitting services.
- Start by creating a profile on Care.com or Rover.com, and then advertise your services to your friends and neighbors.
- You can also post flyers in local businesses and online classifieds websites like Craigslist.
- Do odd jobs for people in your community – For example, many people need help with yard work, cleaning, or other tasks, and they’re often willing to pay for it.
- Offer your services as a dog walker or pet sitter to make extra money – Walking a dog can provide great exercise, fresh air and companionship for both the dog and the walker.
- According to a study by Care.com, it can also be a great way to make some extra money on the weekends.
- Sitting pets can be just as lucrative, with rates averaging $20 per hour.
- If you love animals and are looking for ways to make some extra cash, becoming a dog walker or pet sitter may be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Tutor kids in the neighborhood – If you are good at math, English, or other subjects, there is probably a kid in your neighborhood whose parents would be willing to pay for tutoring. Why not put your knowledge to good use by becoming a tutor for kids in your neighborhood? You can make some extra money and help out kids who may be struggling in school.
- Give music lessons to children and adults – You can offer piano or guitar lessons on weekends if you’re skilled at those instruments. You can easily find students by posting flyers in your local community or by word of mouth. Plus, teaching music is a great way to share your love of music with others. So if you’re looking for a fun and rewarding weekend gig, consider becoming a music teacher!
- House sit and earn extra money – Have you ever thought about house sitting? It’s a great way to make some extra cash, and it’s a lot of fun too! You can choose your own dates, and you get to stay in someone else’s home while they’re away. Happy house sitting!
- Uber or Lift – If you’re looking to make a bit of extra money on the weekends, driving for Uber or Lift could be a great option. Both services are growing in popularity, and there’s always demand for drivers. Before starting get a two way camera to protect yourself because you never know.
- Deliver restaurant food – Delivering food for restaurants can be a great way to make some extra money on the weekends. You can usually choose your own hours, and you get to meet new people. Plus, you might even get a discount on your own food!
- Deliver for UberEats and be your own boss
- Deliver for GrubHub and work for yourself making up to $27 per hour!
- All you need to get started is:
- Car or bike (in some areas)
- Valid license or ID (for bike drivers)
- Valid vehicle insurace (for vehicle drivers)
- Smart phone
- All you need to get started is:
- Deliver groceries – Lots of people are looking for ways to make extra money on the weekends, and one great option is delivering groceries. It’s a fun way to make some extra cash, and it can be a great way to get to know your neighbors. Plus, there are several different companies that offer this service, so you can find one that fits your schedule.
- Clean houses – House cleaners can make anywhere from $25 to $50 per hour, depending on their experience and the size of the house they are cleaning. So if you’re looking for a way to make extra money on the weekends, house cleaning may be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Mow lawns – Mowing lawns for extra money on weekends is a great way to make some extra cash! You can find many people who are willing to pay you to mow their lawn, and it’s a great way to get some exercise outdoors. Make sure you’re prepared with the right tools and knowledge before starting this side hustle. Happy mowing!
- Have a garage sale – When many people think of garage sales, they think of rummaging through other people’s unwanted belongings in the hope of finding a hidden treasure. But what if you could use a garage sale to get rid of your own clutter and make some extra money on weekends? Or you could sell stuff you don’t need on craigslist, Facebook market, mercari, etc.
- Write SEO-optimized articles for bloggers – Consider writing SEO-optimized articles for bloggers.
- You can find plenty of gigs online and you don’t have to be a professional freelance writer, and the work is relatively easy to do in your free time.
- Just be sure to familiarize yourself with the basics of SEO before you accept writing jobs and remember to take advantage of all the free SEO tools and resources available online to help you write better content.
- You can get work that pays well on Fiverr, Upwork, iWriter, etc.
- You may be able to earn $10 to $360 per article in your spare time.
- Native English speakers tend to make money more than non-native speakers. Happy writing!
- Write for UpWork
- Become a part-time virtual assistant. Being a part-time VA, you can earn $1,000 – $2,000 per month and is an excellent way to make extra money on the weekends.
- Becoming a part-time virtual assistant may be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Virtual assistants are in high demand, and there are many opportunities to find work.
- By becoming a VA, you can earn money working from home on your own schedule. Plus, there are many online resources that can help you get started. So, what are you waiting for? Start your search for part-time virtual assistant jobs today!
What do VA’s do?
- VAs help bloggers make money online by:
- Posting on social media or acting as a social media manager
- An acting customer service representative
- Provide graphic design skills
- Create affiliate links and affiliate graphics
- Provide web designers skills
- Write affiliate marketing articles
- Create infographics on Fiverr – Earn up to $200 designing one-of-a-kind infographics on Fiverr. It’s a great way to get started as a graphic designer, and you can earn a decent income if you’re good at it.
- Create printable forms and sell them on Etsy – If you have a knack for creating forms like diet sheets, budget forms, etc. you can sell them on Etsy for passive income.
- Consider creating and selling printable forms online.
- You can use sites like Etsy to sell your products, and there’s a growing demand for printable forms.
- By creating unique and high-quality forms, you can make extra money on the weekends.
- This is money that you can make over and over again, even while you are sleeping or working your regular jobs.
- Once the forms are created the income they create is completely passive!
- So if you’re looking for a way to bring in some extra cash, consider selling printable forms online.
- Design and sell low content books on Amazon – Youtube has several videos on how to design and sell low content books on Amazon or Etsy.
- This passive income will pay you for years, and there are no overhead costs.
- After your design is uploaded, everything is done automatically.
- You don’t have to worry about fulfilling orders and inventory.
- Design tee-shirts and sell them on Etsy or Amazon – You can make extra money on weekends by designing tee shirt graphics.
- You don’t have to be a graphic designer to pull this off but you do need to be witty and have good ideas.
- You will need to do is come up with clever designs (they can be all words), design them to look good on a tee-shirt, and then wait for the orders to start rolling in.
- Depending on what service you use, all the printing will be done by another company and they will ship the orders too.
- Sell photos online – (no not that type, get your head out of the gutter, lol). Have you ever wished you could make a little extra money on the weekends?
- Selling your high-quality photos might be the perfect solution!
- Shutterstock, a leading online provider of stock images and videos, is always looking for new contributors.
- By uploading your best photos, you could earn some extra cash every weekend.
- Rent a room out on Airbnb – You may want to consider renting out a room on Airbnb.
- Airbnb is a website that allows people to rent out rooms or entire homes for short-term stays.
- Renting out a room on Airbnb can be a great way to make some extra money, and it’s a lot easier than you might think.
- I’ve seen some creative AirBnB listings of tents in the backyard for rent and converted sheds for rent, etc.
- If you have children, I do NOT recommend inviting a stranger into your house. It’s just not worth the risk.
- Get a part time job – Weekends are a great time to make some extra money by getting a part-time job.
- Lots of businesses are looking for weekend workers, and it can be an easy way to earn some extra cash.
- Great weekend job examples include retail, food service, catering, or hospitality jobs.
- Serving for a catering company pays decently and catering companies are always hiring wait staff.
- Who knows who you’ll meet or where this part-time job may lead.
- Sell pre-written recipes and quality step-by-step phones – Why not sell your pre-written recipes with quality images on weekends? This can be a great way to earn some extra cash, and it’s a lot of fun too! Plus, it’s a great way to share your culinary skills with the world. So, what are you waiting for? When you are creating your recipes and taking photos, take a bunch of photos, you can resell the same recipe (with variations) several times because it’ll be semi-unique. This can be a real moneymaker! Start selling your recipes today!
What about surveys for extra money?
If you have looked online for ways to make a little extra money, then you probably have seen lots of people recommend completing surveys and sites like survey junkie?
If so, you may have considered taking online surveys. You may have even heard that it’s a great way to make some quick and easy cash. But what you may not realize is that online surveys are probably a waste of your time – and you can earn very little money doing them. Here’s why:
- The payout for most surveys is extremely low. In many cases, you might only earn a few cents for completing a survey. Since there are so many people competing for these small payouts, your chances of winning are pretty slim.
- The time it takes to complete most surveys is often much longer than the payout amount is worth. The only people who make money on weekends with surveys are the people promoting them and earning affiliate income by doing so. SKIP SURVEYS.
How will you try to make extra money on the weekends?
5 Questions for making money on the weekend
- Have any of you had some success with making good money on the weekends?
- Are there any specific extra income strategies that have worked well for you?
- Do you have any advice for people just starting and looking for a home jobs?
- What do you think is the best way to make a bit of extra cash on the weekends?
- Do you think it’s possible to make a full-time living doing weekend work?
Please share your thoughts on this post for 23 ways to make extra money on the weekends in the comments!