Summertime is the best time of year for beach lovers. It’s the perfect opportunity to enjoy the sun, sand, and waves. However, not everyone can make it to the beach. For those of us who are landlocked, there are ways to enjoy the beach at home without taking a beach vacation.
- Why the beach is good for you
- 55 beach-themed ideas that will help you bring the beach to your home
- Beach at home kit
- Beach home colors
- Beach home decor
- Beach home names
- 10 popular beach house names
- Beach home furniture
- Beach home accents
- Beach home smells
- Beach home sounds
- The best beach drinks
- Do you have any tips on how to bring the beach to your home?
Why the beach is good for you
According to the Huffington Post, “the beach is one of nature’s best stress relievers.” The sound and sight of waves crashing can be soothing, and the sand can be grounding. Sun exposure is also a natural way to boost your mood and increase vitamin D levels.
Have you ever gone to the beach and felt the sand between your toes? The sun shining on your skin? The waves crashing against the shore? The sound of seagulls in the distance?
If you have, then you know how amazing it feels. But what if I told you that you can get that same feeling at home without booking a family vacation?
55 beach-themed ideas that will help you bring the beach to your home
With a few simple tips, you can turn your home into a beach oasis that will make all your stresses disappear. So kick off your shoes, put on your bathing suit, and let’s get started, no sandy feet necessary!
- Bring the beach to you with a sand table or a sandbox. Use seashells, starfish, and other beach decors to accent your home.
- Make a simple beach scene using a shadow box. A weathered wood box will give the shadow box a rustic authentic beach feel.
- Hang a beach house logo sign. Esty has some nice ones! There are weathered-looking signs that look like they are old.
- Decorate with light colors and breezy fabrics to bring in the beach feeling.
- Hang sheer curtains or blinds to let in natural light and air.
- Add some shells and sea glass to your decor. One way to bring the beach feeling home is by using seashells. Collect them on your next beach trip and display them in a jar on your coffee table.
- Bring the ocean indoors by displaying coral in a bowl or a large piece of coral.
- Create beach hair. The best way to create beach hair is to scrunch your hair with a towel when it’s wet. You can also use a texturizing spray or saltwater spray.
- Wear some beach-themed jewelry.
- Wear some perfume that smells like the beach. Here are some great options:
- Buy a large conch shell and put it out where ever you want the beach feel. One way to create a beach environment in your home is to buy a conch shell. Conch shells can be placed anywhere because they look great and are easy to move from room to room.
- Install a window seat with a built-in cushion and beachy pillows. A window seat with a built-in cushion and pillows is perfect for creating a beachy vibe.
- Place a sand dollar light fixture above the dining table.
- Install a tiki bar or hutch for extra storage and bar seating.
- Beach-themed wine glasses: If your beach lover also enjoys a glass of wine, why not get them some beach-themed wine glasses? They’ll be able to sip their favorite vintage while looking out at the ocean.
- Have one room that is dedicated to all things beach!
- Beach-themed coasters: Protect your furniture from drink rings with a set of stylish beach-themed coasters.
- Create a beach-inspired room with white and pale walls and blue accents.
- Hang up some beachy art prints
- Hang up some seascape paintings. A collage will look interesting. If you don’t have a wall of windows hang paintings.
- Paint your own water views beach scene with an adult paint by number kit. There are kits with ocean views, These are quality kits and make a great beach lover gifts or the perfect way to treat yourself! No skills are required and the kits include everything you’ll need!
- Display seashells in a glass bowl or jar.
- Bring the outdoors in with a wicker chair.
- Set up a beach umbrella in your backyard.
- Add a hammock to your yard or patio.
- Install a porch or patio swing.
- Buy a beach themed bird house and hang it near your porch. This one is too cute!
- A beach canopy: A beach canopy is a perfect way to stay out of the sun on a hot day. They’re also great for keeping the sand off of your picnic lunch.
- Create a beachy sensory bin for kids or yourself.
- Collect driftwood to use as home decor.
- Have a beach bonfire in a fire pit in your backyard. Roast smores and drink some bonfire on the beach drinks.
- Bring the ocean indoors with a fish tank.
- Add some tropical plants to your home.
- Use navy blue and white dishes to create a nautical theme.
- Throw a beach party for your friends and family.
- Play ocean sounds or white noise to listen to while you sleep. If you love to hear waves crashing then there’s white noise for that.
- Drink piña coladas and eat seafood or fish tacos in honor of your favorite place.
- Wear flip-flops and sundresses whenever possible.
- A set of sandcastle molds can help create miniature sandcastles right in your backyard.
- Buy a small sandcastle like this one here.
- Light some candles that smell like the beach. Candles are a great way to add a touch of beachy ambiance to any room. Use light aromatherapy to create a coastal vibe. Look for scents like sea salt, citrus, and coconut for the ultimate in relaxation.
- A custom beach sign: If you want to give your beach lover a unique gift, why not get them a custom beach sign? You can find a variety of shops online that will create a sign with your chosen text and design.
- A quality beach towel is a must-have for any beach lover. It’s perfect for drying off after a shower or swim, and it can also be used as a picnic blanket or a wrap when the temperature starts to drop.
- An outdoor shower: An outdoor shower is a must-have for anyone who loves spending time at the beach.
- A set of beach towels: A set of matching beach towels is another great gift for the beach lover. They can use them to dry off after a swim or to layout on the sand.
- A beach blanket: What’s more essential for a day at the beach than a big, fluffy beach blanket? This is the perfect gift for someone who loves to relax on the sand and soak up the sun.
- Get beachy slipcovers for your sofa.
- Add a footstool that gives beach vibes. The footstool could be white blue striped, shabby chic white, or rattan.
- Add a few wicker baskets wherever you want the beachy feel.
- Throwdown a sisal rug or blue rug for a beachy feel.
- Hang a sea shell wind chime.
- Hang an outdoor lantern over your kitchen table. If you can find an antique one, that’s even better.
- Hang an anchor or nautical wheel on the wall.
- Hang a key holder with metal cleats, you can find beach-themed ones on Etsy here.
- Hang a mermaid metal decoration on the wall. There are some cool ones available. Here are my favorites.
Beach at home kit
Do you want to enjoy all that the beach has to offer without leaving the comfort of your own home? No problem!
With a beach-at-home kit, you can have all the fun of the beach without ever having to leave your backyard or living room.
What’s in a beach-at-home kit? Everything from sandcastle-building supplies to seashells and floats! So, whether you’re looking for a way to keep the kids entertained or just need some relaxation therapy, a beach-at-home kit is perfect for you. Just don’t forget the sunscreen!
Beach home colors
The colors you choose for your beach home can have a big impact on the overall feeling of the space. Cooler colors, like blues and greens, can help to create a relaxed and calming atmosphere. Warmer colors, like oranges and yellows, can help to create a more cheerful and upbeat mood. No matter what color palette you choose, make sure to use light and airy fabrics to help keep the space feeling beachy.
Beach home decor
When it comes to beach home decor, there are a few key pieces that you’ll want to include. First, add in some beach-themed artwork or prints. You can find these at most art stores or online.
Secondly, add in some beach-themed accessories. This could include things like seashells, starfish, or beach balls.
Finally, make sure to add in plenty of natural light and airy decor. Shades of blue and shades of white are perfect. This could include things like wicker furniture, bamboo blinds, or seashell lamps.
Beach home names
You don’t need to live by the beach to name your beach-inspired house. Many beach lovers choose to name their beach-inspired home to bring the beach feel inside.
There are many reasons why you might want to name your beach house. Some people like to feel like they’re on vacation all the time, while others choose a specific beach and want to honor it.
No matter what your reasoning is, there are plenty of names that will help you feel beachy all year long.
10 popular beach house names
- The Shoreline
- The Shore House
- The Sand Castle
- The Ocean View Breeze
- The Water’s Edge
- Castaway Cove
- Paradise Found
- Cabin by the Sea
- Seabatical Retreat
Beach home furniture
When decorating your beach-inspired home, it’s important to carefully choose furniture that will help you feel at the beach. You don’t need an interior designer to achieve the look you are after. Keep in mind, this could be a slow process and it’s better to take your time putting together the look you want than to rush and have regrets. You don’t have to live in the perfect location to get the coastal style you are seeking.
When you think about beach homes you probably think about bunk beds, light colored wood flooring, clean lines, neutral furnishings, oars leaning against headboards, sandy beige sofas, a hot tub, white painted frames, vintage mirrors, and an overall waterside feel beach cottage.
This could also include things like rattan furniture, wicker furniture, or bamboo furniture. Bright white pillows, pale white pillows, natural materials, colorful vintage pieces, framed prints, and anything that makes you think of the beach.
Beach home accents
There are several beach home accents that you can use to bring the beach feel into your space.
One of the easiest ways to do this is by adding in some beach-themed pillows. You can find these at most home decor stores or online.
Another great way to add in beach accents is by using seashells. You can either use them as decor or as a way to add some beach flavor to your food.
Consider painting your walls in a light palette of whites.
Finally, make sure to use plenty of natural light and airy decor. Use simple furnishings. This could include things like wicker furniture, beach chairs, bamboo blinds, or seashell lamps.
If you are looking for beach chairs, check the selection of beach chairs at home depot.
Beach home smells
One of the easiest ways to create a beach vibe in your home is by using beach-themed smells.
One of the best ways to do this is by using beach scents in your candles. You can find these at most candle stores or online.
Another great way to add beach smells to your home is by using beach-themed air fresheners. You can find these at most home decor stores or online.
Beach home sounds
One of the best ways to create a beach vibe in your home is by using beach-themed sounds. One of the best ways to do this is by using beach sounds in your music.
You can find these at most music stores or online. Another great way to add beach sounds to your home is by using beach-themed sound machines. You can find these at most home decor stores or online.
The best beach drinks
If your beach lover loves to relax with a drink in hand, why not get them a set of beachy drinks? From piña coladas to margaritas, there’s a perfect drink for everyone.
How to make sex on the beach drink at home
Sex on the beach is an iconic beach drink that consists of vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and cranberry juice. Ingredients can vary according to different recipes. Here are some of our favorite beach drink recipes.
- Sex on the beach by Liquor.com
- Mermaid lemonade – this is a mixture of blue curaçao, lemonade, and white rum.
- Long Island iced tea – these drinks can sneak up on you thanks to the combo of four liquors and how smooth they go down.
- Beach water cocktail – has only three ingredients and is so good!
- Chi Chi Blender drink – this is a must-try!
There’s no need to wait for summer to enjoy the beach. Live the life you want with these simple tips, you can bring the beach to you all year long!
Do you have any tips on how to bring the beach to your home?
Share them in the comments below!
Saturday 13th of May 2023
After reading your article, I have some doubts about gate.io. I don't know if you're free? I would like to consult with you. thank you.
Открыть счет в binance
Friday 5th of May 2023
Can you be more specific about the content of your article? After reading it, I still have some doubts. Hope you can help me. https://accounts.binance.com/ru/register-person?ref=P9L9FQKY